For those of you that have heard of our Tour de Thailand Charity Rides, this is the ideal sample of the routes we take with shorter distances and more sightseeing and activities thrown in.
This adventure also includes a bit of trekking, monkey feeding (nice ones), sightseeing, some unique and beautiful temples, an aquarium visit, a boat ride, and more.
|Tour Cost||29,950THB||Single Supplement||4,000THB|
|Bike Hire||Included||Total Cycling Distance||450 km (277 miles)|
|Cycling Days||4 days||Number of Days||5 days / 4 nights|
|Tour Meets||Hua Hin||Tour Ends||Ban Krut|
|Group Minimum||2 People||Group Maximum||10 People*|
*We can handle much larger private groups but like to keep mixed groups small for quality control.
**This tour works best starting on a Tuesday and ending on the following Sunday.
Day 1 – Tuesday – Meet in Hua Hin
Meals: Dinner Party
Enjoy the beach, chill in the pool, go shopping, or join a tasty and educational Thai Cooking Class. All the riders will need to meet up with us by 3pm to get their bikes sized and any accessories added onto the bikes. We will also have some forms to sign and other things to discuss about the ride before we go to a little dinner party to welcome you to the tour.
Day 2 – Wednesday – Hua Hin to Dolphin Bay
Distance: 55 km – Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Today will be through Hua Hin, Khao Tao, Pak Nam Pran, Khao Khalok (option to climb a nature trail) and Pranburi Beach along more beachfront roads to finish the day’s ride on Sam Roi Yod Beach. Upon arrival at our beachfront resort we will get settled and take the van to lunch on Bang Phu Beach before taking the boat around to a private beach where we will climb up and then down into Tham Phraya Nakhon Cave. The climb is a bit of a workout itself but well worth the visit to this spectacular cavern that has been visited by at least three of Thailand’s Kings in the last 150 years. Then it’s back to the resort for more rest and relaxation before dinner.
Day 3 – Thursday – Dolphin Bay to Prachuap Khiri Khan
Distance: 76 km – Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
About 20kms into our ride through Khao Sam Roi Yod National Park we will stop and visit Wat Khao Daeng (Red Mountain Temple) that sparkles and glitters with picturesque limestone mountains all around it. Riders will then have the option to dismount and climb Khao Daeng to its viewpoint for spectacular views of the park and its untouched mountains and coastline. After arriving at yet another beachfront hotel we will get cleaned up and take the van onto the Wing 5 Air Force Base for a nice lunch on one of our favorite beaches – Ao Manao Beach (Lime Bay). Riders can choose to stay and enjoy the beach or head back to the hotel to enjoy the pool and stunning beach views. Later in the afternoon we will have the option to climb to a hilltop temple with many steps (about 400) to negotiate in order to take in more breathtaking coastal views. Dinner will be at the hotel overlooking Ao Prachuap (Prachuap Bay), the small islands, and the colorful fishing boats as the sun sets behind us.
Day 4 – Friday – Prachuap Khiri Khan to Ban Krut***
Distance: 77 km – Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Today is one of the most beautiful day rides of the Tour de Thailand route that will take us along more sunny beaches, through a really cool Thai Air Force Base where we get to feed the gentle and adorable Dusky Langur monkeys, visit the Waghor Aquarium, ride through coconut plantations, fishing villages, and back to the beach in the unspoiled beach resort town of Ban Krut. When we are feeding the monkeys on the Air Force Base you will have the option to climb the mountain behind them (only the extremely fit will make it to the top to see the spectacular views). Once we are settled in Ban Krut we will head up to one of the most beautiful hilltop temples in Thailand (Wat Tang Sai) that overlooks the deep green color of the coconut plantations along the coast and the empty white sand beaches below. Lunch will be at Kasama’s Café, a lovely little café in Ban Krut that serves great Italian food and other western dishes from the recipes of the private detective novelist Byron Bailes. As usual, there will be time for rest and relaxation at our beachfront resort because you can never have too many pool parties. For dinner we will eat more delicious Thai seafood and then party with Byron and friends.
*** “In all my years of traveling extensively throughout Thailand, Ban Krut is my favorite place.”
Day 5 – Sunday – Ban Krut to Bang Saphan to Ban Krut
Distance: 48 km – Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
We will lead a nice leisurely ride down the beach road to Bang Saphan and back just to take in more beautiful beach riding before coming back to our favorite town in Thailand for another afternoon in paradise. The ride will get us back in time to take a swim in the soothing pool the resort has to offer or simply head to the beach for a swim in the Gulf of Thailand. After lunch we will start to head back to Hua Hin or help riders who wish to go elsewhere get the transfers they need. For those that wish to stay in Ban Krut (our personal favorite) for a few more days of beach paradise we will be happy to help make hotel and transportation arrangements.
This tour is available most Tuesdays through the following Sunday with a minimum of (2) riders.
- Comfortable 2 ½ to 4 Star Accommodations with Air Condition, Hot Water, and Swimming Pools from the afternoon of Day 1 through the morning of Day 5.
- Boat fees and aquarium entrance fee
- Food for Dusky Langur monkeys
- The opportunity for Thai Massage should be available almost every night (not included).
- All meals from pick-up to drop-off are included
- Ice cold bottled water, electrolyte mix, and fresh fruit (watermelon, pineapple & bananas) will be served at water stops every 18-28 KM during the ride.
- Return transportation to Hua Hin from Baan Krut as well as full time support vehicle with A/C and more during the tour. Assistance in finding transport further north or south is also available. There will always be a support vehicle behind the last cyclist.
- Park entrance fees for Sam Roi Yod National Park
- Quality Marin Hybrid bicycles that are perfect for this tour, helmet and water bottle, basic bike maintenance, replacement tubes, spare bike, and bike cleaning on day off.
- Licensed Tourism Authority of Thailand Tour Guide and Thai/English translators.
- Support Staff to help with handing out ice cold water & chilled fresh fruit, repairing flats, and squirting riders with cool water (optional) etc.
- First Aid Kits and basic tools in support vehicle.
- Basic Thai Tour Insurance
- Airfare to and from Thailand
- International Travel Insurance (required)
- Accommodations before and after the tour itinerary (we are happy to help)
- Transportation to places other than Hua Hin (we are happy to help)
- Special Bike Accessories like pedals for special shoes, personal saddles, bike computers, etc. (if you bring we are happy to install)
- Alcoholic Beverages (we occasionally buy a round)